Since starting my blog and posting videos and stories of my adventures I have been humbled by the words and feedback from people. I’ve been told it has motivated them to get the finger out and live life to its fullest. This has strongly touched me as my personal definition of a good person is someone that ‘leaves a situation with another person whether they knew them prior to that or not and makes them feel better about themselves, motivated or passionate about something or simply with a smile on their face’ I strive to be a good person and surround myself with good people. The 55 tips I have listed below are taken from lessons I learned throughout life and I endeavor to live by these.
I recently had an epiphany moment when traveling across Americas East coast while working with Jack Wills which resulted in me moving from Boston to London. I was with two people at the time who I have become very good friends with, that are young and successful but more importantly have such a huge passion and love for life. Namely Keenan Foley and Red Rainey. Chatting with Keenan and especially Red during the long 12 hour non-stop drives gave me such a fresh, vibrant and amazing outlook on life… before, I thought ‘we are here for a good time not a long time. Now. I. Know. ‘We are here for a good time not a long time’. I was inspired to make this list after having the epiphany moment and reading some of Robin Sharma’s work from which I borrowed a few tips. This list will help you and I achieve great things…
1. Use haters as your motivators.
2. Do the things you say you will.
3. Be more inclusive.
4. Under promise and over deliver.
5. Make an effort with new people.
6. Be the person they come to for advice.
7. Set yourself goals.
8. Ask more questions.
9. Look for new experiences.
10. Live in the here and now.
11. Find more heroes.
12. Be a hero to someone.
13. Go to music festivals.
14. Embrace change.
15. Sort out conflict before time makes it worse.
16. Network like a pro.
17. Strive to live outside your comfort zone.
18. Be democratic not autocratic.
19. Always stay positive.
20. Don’t take those around you for granted.
21. Learn foreign languages.
22. Never be shy to show affection.
23. Get up at 6 am on week days.
24. Play sport.
25. Document life with pictures and HD videos.
26. Be Humble.
27. Make friends not contacts.
28. Exercise daily.
29. Keep a journal.
30. Know the 5 highest priorities in your life.
31. Say no to distractions.
32. Drink a lot of water.
33. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
34. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
35. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
36. Have 5 great friends.
37. Become stunningly polite.
38. Unplug your TV.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Clean up your messes.
42. Get serious about time keeping.
43. Honor your parents.
44. Tip as you would expect to be tipped.
45. Give no energy to haters.
46. Be the best person you know.
47. Smile at strangers.
48. Ski religiously.
49. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
50. Make your life matter.
51. Speak less. Listen more.
52. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
53. Always have savings.
54. Create unforgettable moments with the ones you love.
55. Travel. A. Lot.
I want to show my appreciation to one Alex ‘GoPro’ Quinn for the support and taking on the 55 tips with me…
We are here for a good time, not a long time so live your life !
Have your say